Technical Artist (Unity)
- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Bangalore, India / Global Remote
- Reports to: CTO
- Number of Openings: 1
We are seeking a talented Technical Artist to join our team to create and implement game assets and set up art and animation pipelines, effects, and other visual elements for our mobile shooter game developed on Unity. The Technical Artist will work collaboratively with the development team, artists, and designers to help create a visually stunning and optimized game that meets the requirements of the project.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and programmers to develop and optimize game assets, including characters, animations, environments, and effects, for mobile devices.
- Set up environment lighting. Ensure consistent asset settings and import pipelines for lighting, occlusion and shadows.
- Setup pipeline to integrate art assets into the game engine like prefab creation, material and texture settings etc.
- Use Unity’s visual scripting tools, such as Shader Graph, VFX Graph, and Timeline, to create and implement visual effects, animations, and cutscenes.
- Help in character production and customisation assets. Experience in rigging and skinning is a plus.
- Work with the team to establish and enforce art production standards, such as naming conventions, file structures, and asset organization, to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Create and maintain documentation on technical processes, workflows, and best practices related to game art production and implementation.
- 8+ years of experience in 3D game development, with a focus on game art production and implementation. Experience in open-world games is a plus.
- Proficiency in 3D modelling and animation software, such as Maya, or Blender.
- Strong understanding of Unity and its visual scripting tools, such as Shader Graph, VFX Graph, and Timeline.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, such as C# and HLSL.
- Experience with mobile game development, particularly with optimizing game assets for performance and memory usage on mobile devices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India if you are based out of India.
- Must have a port folio showing Technical art work.
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form below. As soon as you submit your application using the link below, you will receive an email with details on the written test. We generally give 7 days from receipt of this email to return the test.
- Video Interviews: Based on the resume and the evaluation of the written test, we will schedule a number of video interviews if selected.
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter.