Lead Software Engineer (Unity)
- Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Location: Bangalore (In-office)
- Reporting To: CTO
We are seeking an experienced, highly technical, and exceptionally driven Lead Software Engineer to build a world-class mobile games engineering team in India. You should be comfortable with driving change, leading and motivating teams, providing direct feedback, solving complex problems, taking the initiative, and devising creative solutions.
Your team will be responsible for implementing highly performant and optimized features for an ambitious, unannounced FPS shooter game.
- Establish and maintain a world-class engineering culture appropriate for our mobile games team.
- Set performance standards for engineering excellence and guide junior engineers to help them learn and improve.
- Address the most significant challenges of a shooter game, such as hit accuracy, server-authoritative gameplay, animations, memory and performance optimizations.
- Collaborate with product managers/producers, designers, and others to understand game features and break down engineering tasks for the team.
- Regularly run profilers to ensure code performance and quality.
- Lead code review sessions.
- Guarantee optimal performance, quality, and stability of the game.
- Develop live operations tools, editor tools, and automation.
- Minimum Experience: 10+ years
- Expert knowledge of the Unity game engine and a proven track record of shipping commercially successful games.
- Ability to reasonably estimate and plan tasks and features.
- Expert understanding of multithreading, asynchronous operations, and thread-safe code.
- Proficient at profiling games to identify bottlenecks and performance issues.
- Adherence to technical best practices and guidelines, with a creative problem-solving approach.
- Deep experience and understanding of data-oriented programming and the Unity DOTS framework.
- Familiarity with backend/networking is a plus.
- We foster a culture of continuous learning.
- We value talent and the ability for significant self-improvement.
- Honest feedback and transparency across all departments allow for rapid skill development.
- You will have the opportunity to work on an exciting new game development product with complete autonomy.
Eligibility & Cultural Fit:
- At Lila Games, we prioritize honest and direct communication.
- We seek individuals who are masters of their craft or are committed to becoming one.
- We value talent and the ability to improve significantly.
- A strong work ethic and dedication to the product are essential.
- Please review the LILA Games | Business Values (https://bit.ly/3rsN1ti) document carefully before applying.
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form below. As soon as you submit your application using the link below, you will receive an email with details on the written test. We generally give 7 days from receipt of this email to return the test.
- Video Interviews: Based on the resume and the evaluation of the written test, we will schedule a number of video interviews if selected.
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter.