- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Remote Anywhere Globally or Optional to be in Bangalore, India
- Reports To: CEO or Lead PM
- Number of Openings: 1
Creates and optimizes the quantitative design of our in-game systems potentially including economy and monetization depth, matchmaking algorithm, and balancing game content (gun stats, battle pass rewards, economic modeling, crafting systems design, player ecosystem analysis, user journey modeling, and other more complex systems). The systems designer will work with a small, cross-functional team focusing on solutions to make an incredibly ambitious and compelling F2P mobile shooter game.
- Design, implement, and balance/optimize game content through spreadsheets, third party tools (e.g., Machinations.io) and proprietary tools.
- Analyze and optimize in game behaviors and features driven by in-game systems .
- Implement and automate the use of game data through scripting languages (e.g., Lua, Python, etc.).
- Work with engineering and product team to instrument and analyze in-game systems for optimization.
- Continually improve our models, tools, and processes for game content planning and optimization.
- Manage and train a junior systems designer who will be working locally in Bangalore.
- Experience: Experience working on at least 3 mobile game titles as a systems designer full life cycle.
- Skills: Excel mastery.
- F2P Systems Expertise: Expert knowledge of key F2P design systems such as gacha fusion, crafting, battle pass, sales & merchandising, sales bundling, etc.
- Player Psychology: Masterful understanding of player psychology and player motivations involved with different kinds of game systems.
- Thinking: You should have incredible deep thinking skills, very high IQ, and expert puzzle solving and logical thinking capability.
- Approach: You should be highly structured and organized, you should strive to make any system as small and simple as possible, you should have a maniacal focus on effectiveness and efficiency.
- Games: Experience as a ranked competitive player in at least 1 shooter game.
- Analysis: Python, R, and SQL a PLUS!
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- This role can work remotely from anywhere in the world, however, we would ask that this person come visit Bangalore for say 1-3 weeks every once in a while.
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!.
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form below.
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.