This role will own the modeling of the cast of characters and accessories and make them come to life. This role will also, in collaboration, ideate and have a direct impact on the creative vision of characters and accessories for the game and its future seasons.
- Create memorable characters and accessories
- You will use your artistic judgment to produce high-quality character art for the game with excellent textures.
- In some cases, you will follow existing detailed concept art; in other cases, you will create characters from scratch that match the general art direction.
- Own the 3D character creation process
- Be up to date with the latest techniques and understand the art direction and own the end product.
- Ensure that the technical implementation of character assets matches the project’s style guide.
- Collaborate with other artists and departments to contribute to the creative vision
- Drive discussions to enrich player experiences with improvements to characters and accessories.
- Collaborate closely with our 3D Animator to problem-solve and prototype.
- Work efficiently as part of a team and communicate well.
- A portfolio demonstrating your previous character work in the games industry.
- Experienced in working with content-driven game engines (e.g., Unreal, Frostbite, Unity).
- Experienced in creating game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging.
- Knowledgeable in the creation of cloth and clothing and how you should match the character’s style.
- Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling/sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking.
- Efficient in the use of UV layout and ability to edit for the highest visual payoff.
- Ability to visualize in three dimensions and work from limited reference material/concept art.
- Task-driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Bonus: An appreciation of streetwear and modern fashion.
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- All work is in office in Bangalore, India
- Before applying, please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously, and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form below. Alternatively, you can also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art Test: You will receive an art test by email if you are selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule several video interviews if selected.
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter, including compensation and other logistical details.
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter.
LILA games is a learning organization, and one of the fundamental principles of our company is to unlock human potential with learning through challenging work so people become masters of their craft. You can expect to supercharge your learning once you get into this role, but there is a clear expectation of hard work and effort.
If you think you have what it takes and this opportunity excites you, please apply.