- Position: Art Director
- Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Global/Remote
- Reporting to: CEO
- Number of Openings: 1
- We are seeking an experienced and visionary Art Director to shape the artistic direction of an upcoming 2.5D mobile game combining city-building, idle, and hero collection. As part of a small, cross-functional team, you will play a vital role in the development of our ambitious project.
- Your responsibilities will include overseeing our internal art team, which may require training, as well as collaborating with outsourced studios. We value your insights on how to structure the team effectively.
- This role demands both strategic thinking and artistic creativity, coupled with a hands-on, operational approach to work.
- Define the visual identity of the game, ensuring a cohesive and captivating art style
- Create comprehensive documents such as art style guides, mood boards, and other reference materials to effectively communicate the art direction to internal and external artists for in-game assets, UI, and ad creatives
- Establish best practices and standards based on your extensive real-world experience, while remaining open to questioning and experimenting with new approaches
- Oversee art hiring, planning, and provide guidance and mentorship to the team
- Conduct regular reviews and retrospectives to assess art assets, planning, and processes
- Take ownership of maintaining high art quality in the game and ensure the art style aligns with our target audience
- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- At least 3 years of experience working on mobile game title
- Art director experience on at least 2 mobile game titles
- Skillset: Proficiency in creating and overseeing the creation of visually stunning art that resonates with players
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to manage both internal and external art teams effectively
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!.
- Resume Submission: Submit your resume using the application form below.
- Video Interviews: Based on the resume and the evaluation of the written test, we will schedule a number of video interviews if selected.
- Written Test: Finalists will be sent an email with details on a written test. We generally give 7 days from receipt of this email to return the test.
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter.