- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: In-office Indiranagar, Bangalore, India
- Reports To: Principal Level Designer/CCO
- Number of Openings: 1
This role will own the creation of game maps for an FPS Shooter game (not top-down, but will be first-person/ third-person) for mobile and PC. This role will work within a small and agile level design team working in collaboration with the Game Design and Art team to create game maps in line with the vision and emotional experience of the game.
Project BLACK does not contain linear story-based levels, rather it has multiplayer PVP maps.
- Conceptualize and create shooter maps
- You will design, prototype, and iterate on block-out levels in parallel with the development of our core gameplay.
- You will implement gameplay elements and level features by working closely with the design team as well as other disciplines.
- You will work with the Art team as they integrate their 3D assets on your block-out levels.
- Iterate with feedback
- You will join playtests for the levels and iterate on your levels based on internal and external feedback.
- You will be involved in other aspects of game design, art, engineering, and optimization and iterate on levels based on changes.
- Own the vision and end goal
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to and collaboratively impact the vision of an ambitious cross-platform shooter game.
- You will keep up to date with level design trends within video game development and own solutions that will innovate both the player experience
- Experience in building 3D levels in a game engine.
- Bonus: Experience with Unity and/or Unity level building tools like a pro builder.
- Experience in building levels for 3rd person games.
- Portfolio of professional or personal level design work.
- Ability to create levels/map and combat scenarios that evoke specific emotions.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and iterate based on feedback.
- Ability to pitch and convey ideas to cross-functional teams.
- A strong appreciation of competitive PVP games.
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
- Find out more about Lila through this link: https://linktr.ee/lilagames
- Resume+ Written test: Submit your resume using the application form below. As soon as you submit your application using the link below, you will receive an email with details on the written test. We generally give 7 days from receipt of this email to return the test.
- Video Interviews: Based on the resume and the evaluation of the written test, we will schedule a number of video interviews if selected.
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter.
LILA games is a learning organization, and one of the fundamental principles of our company is to unlock human potential through learning and challenging work. We expect our people to seek to become masters of their craft. You can expect to supercharge your learning once you get into this role, but there is a clear expectation of hard work and effort.
If you have what it takes and this opportunity excites you, please apply.