- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: In-office Bangalore, India (Near Indiranagar metro station)
- Reports To: CCO
- Number of Openings: 1
This role will own the creation and the visual direction of player-facing UI elements – from icons to backgrounds for an upcoming semi-stylized F2P mobile shooter game.
This role will also collaborate with a team of UI/UX designers, artists, engineers, and gameplay designers to ensure a cohesive vision and craft memorable experiences for the players.
- Create impactful art for game UI
- Drive overall UI art and creative direction through your work.
- Build and create player-facing game assets based on the game’s branding, design, functionality, and technical requirements.
- Own the in-game UI and ensure that it marries with UX to provide a seamless experience.
- Collaboratively design how motion is used to enhance the player experience.
- Production of supporting material for community, web, marketplace, and event messaging.
- Design for our stylized shooter game & modern characters.
- Collaborate with other artists and departments to contribute to the creative vision
- Provide feedback on in-development layouts and visuals.
- Assess and iterate on UI visuals based on collaboration with the project team, and user testing feedback.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure consistency of art across multiple devices.
- Must: A portfolio demonstrating your previous work in the games industry or personal.
- Experience in F2P mobile games, especially in shooter or MMO genre.
- Experienced in creating UI for content-driven games.
- Strong communication skills to present visuals, concepts, and ideas.
- Experience at mid/senior/lead level.
- Great working knowledge of Unity, familiar with most recent Unity UI systems, and capacity to implement work in-engine.
- Animation experience in Spine and Unity.
- An appreciation of shooter games.
- Excellent visual design skills (sense of proportion, layout, graphical form, typography, color, composition, and negative space)
- Advanced level knowledge of Adobe Design Tools
- Understanding of UI pipeline within game production.
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- Must be willing to relocate to Bangalore, India
- More information about Lila Games: https://linktr.ee/lilagames
- In particular, before applying please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously and we will not accommodate a values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own values are in alignment before you apply! Feel free to ask more questions and clarifications around this as needed.
- Willingness to abandon politics and bullshit, and instead focus on problems & solutions and the delivery of as high quality of a product as our team can possibly create. We have a culture of clear and open communication. If there is an issue you are encouraged to call it out and fix it.
- An extremely hard working and get it done work attitude
- Resume: Submit your art station & resume
- Written Test: You will receive an art test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected.
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details.
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including the work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.
LILA games is a learning organization, and one of the fundamental principles of our company is to unlock human potential with learning through challenging work so people become masters of their craft. You can expect to supercharge your learning once you get into this role, but there is a clear expectation of hard work and effort.
If you think you have what it takes and this opportunity excites you please apply.