- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Bangalore, India
- Reports To: CCO
- Number of Openings: 1
In Engine Work
- Pitch, collaboratively design & own maps from inception to completion to post-launch.
- Deeply understand desired player experience goals and create designs that take it to next level (pun not intended).
- Design, prototype, and iterate on levels in parallel with the development of our core gameplay.
- Implement gameplay elements and level features working closely with the design team as well as other disciplines.
- Placement of items, weapons and gameplay elements.
Level Design Knowledge
- Ensure the level design of the game embodies a live product philosophy, capable of regular updates and malleable to key design changes if necessary.
- Deep understanding of mobile game player behaviours and the impact of level design on metrics.
- Define principles and best practices for future level design work.
- Work collaboratively with the design and product management teams to create a great holistic experience.
- Understand how level design impacts other areas of the game and collaborate deeply with other disciplines.
- Play test the game and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
- Capable of producing 3D level block-outs in Unity quickly for iteration.
- Proficient in a major 2D Imaging Package (Photoshop / Illustrator).
- Able to communicate complex level design concepts to the entire team.
- Experience building maps, levels, or worlds. Action, or shooter spaces – multiplayer experience preferred.
- Familiar with fundamental map-building concepts: flow, landmarking, scale, visibility, metrics.
- Ability to thoughtfully critique and evaluate 3D spaces.
- Understanding of how art, colour, lighting, composition, etc. can complement gameplay design.
- Comfortable with rapid iteration based off feedback from many sources: peer review, data analytics, player surveys, etc.
- Filter feedback into concrete and actionable improvements.
- Clear understanding of the iterative level design process from inception all the way to post-ship support.
- Resume: Submit your resume using the application form.
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.
Job Category: Design
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Remote Optional